Custom order neck

Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:36 pm

I am going to be ordering a Legacy Deluxe and want a wide #4 neck ebony board...I own a Superhawk and was wondering if the #4 neck is the same or is it known as #4a and can I get it on the Legacy.....the Cantrell models have the perfect neck for me.

Re: Custom order neck

Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:52 pm

drk64 wrote:I am going to be ordering a Legacy Deluxe and want a wide #4 neck ebony board...I own a Superhawk and was wondering if the #4 neck is the same or is it known as #4a and can I get it on the Legacy.....the Cantrell models have the perfect neck for me.

No, it is not the same. The #4a has a custom profile and is only available on the Jerry Cantrell Signature models.
Also, there is no longer a #4 neck available as an optional neck.

See: 2014 G&L U.S. Specifications and Options.

:ugeek:

Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:06 am

Craig wrote:
drk64 wrote: Also, there is no longer a #4 neck available as an optional neck.

That is really bad news!

Do we know what was the reason for this move?

Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:44 pm

I just received my custom ordered Legacy HB with a #4 neck with an Ebony board its real nice like a baseball bat its even better for my large hands than the 4a on the Cantrell models who told you you cant get them anymore

Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:05 am

Glad you're liking yours!
I think the #4 neck is the best news ever for my hands; my G&L Asat Special, Z-3 and Bluesboy all have #4's. Lots of room to play nice and cleanly, and no more achy left thumb!
Comfortable and meaty, as you say, as well as roomy. Great for all styles, and I'm sure the extra wood makes for more rigidity and stronger tone.
I think Craig did update that information, to say that #4's are available after all, but I'm not quite sure where that post is.
It's a really special attraction for me to have that neck option, and everything else G&L is good news too.
Enjoy!!

Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:27 am

drk64 wrote:I just received my custom ordered Legacy HB with a #4 neck with an Ebony board its real nice like a baseball bat its even better for my large hands than the 4a on the Cantrell models who told you you cant get them anymore

It turns out that the #4 neck was mistakenly left off the latest US Dealers Price List (August 1, 2014).
I discovered this when the factory was building the NAMM guitars for winter NAMM in January and
a couple were built with the #4 neck and posted on G&L's facebook page. I checked with Dave McLaren
and he told me that it was accidently left off. I then corrected the G&L Knowledgebase, see http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic ... 515#p81515.

:ugeek:
Last edited by Craig on Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected Dealer Price List date from August 1, 2015 to August 1, 2014

Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:22 pm

You had me worried till I called Music store live and they took the order its great for guys with big hands it felt a little strange at first cuz I was used to the Cantrell but now the Cantrell feels small so thanks G&L