Necks Interchangeable?

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:40 am

Are the necks on a new ASAT Classic and a new Junior II interchangeable? I know they differ but will they bolt up and fit each other's pocket?

I briefly owned then returned a Classic. Butterscotch. Loved the color and the sound. Ready to pull trigger today on another. Remember the tinted neck being the only thing I didn't particularly like.

Have a fairly new Junior and prefer the finish on the neck. I also think it would match up well with a butterscotch body.

Swapping would give me the 'perfect' Classic and a Junior I can, if it doesn't grow on me, refinish to taste.

Thanks.

Re: Necks Interchangeable?

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:52 am

myatuck wrote:Are the necks on a new ASAT Classic and a new Junior II interchangeable? I know they differ but will they bolt up and fit each other's pocket?

I briefly owned then returned a Classic. Butterscotch. Loved the color and the sound. Ready to pull trigger today on another. Remember the tinted neck being the only thing I didn't particularly like.

Have a fairly new Junior and prefer the finish on the neck. I also think it would match up well with a butterscotch body.

Swapping would give me the 'perfect' Classic and a Junior I can, if it doesn't grow on me, refinish to taste.

Thanks.

Are both of them Tribute Series instruments? If you can, provide the build year (and S/N).
I will check with the factory, once you post these details.

In the mean time, check this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: Compilation of Replacement neck info posted on the G&L Forum.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:03 am

Sorry, both are Tributes. Serial for the Junior is 140804575. The Classic is on backorder so build should be 2015. No serial on the Classic (obviously). Thanks.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:35 am

myatuck wrote:Sorry, both are Tributes. Serial for the Junior is 140804575. The Classic is on backorder so build should be 2015. No serial on the Classic (obviously). Thanks.

Thanks, I sent your question to a couple of my contacts at G&L.

Stay tuned.

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:47 am

Craig wrote:
myatuck wrote:Sorry, both are Tributes. Serial for the Junior is 140804575. The Classic is on backorder so build should be 2015. No serial on the Classic (obviously). Thanks.

Thanks, I sent your question to a couple of my contacts at G&L.

Stay tuned.

I have heard back from Dave McLaren:

Hi Craig,

While there can be slight variations in actual dimensions, they do have the same heel specifications. They'll probably bolt right up.

Thanks, Craig.

Dave

Hope this helps.

Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:11 am

Thank you and the factory for the courtesy of the answer.