Bluesboy Tribute Locking Tuners

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:18 pm

I have seen a lot of topics surrounding locking tuners, however none are clear as to the ones i would need.

I have a G&L Bluesboy Tribute ASAT classic semi hollow body 2015. The tuners on this guitar have no logo on them at all. There is only 1 poll that goes through the neck, no screws that can be seen from the back. I want to replace my tuners with locking tuners but can't seem to figure out which ones would be compatible with my guitar.

Anyone have done this on a bluesboy tribute? or know which ones are compatible?

Re: Bluesboy Tribute Locking Tuners

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:10 pm

For my 2016 US Legacy, the drop-ins with the single pin are the Schallers sold from Stew Mac. I'm sure someone will be by to confirm if these will work for your guitar, too. The EBG tuners have lower eyelets that the DAE tuners, so make a note of that before dropping them in.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have been seeing the Schallers from Stew Mac but was not sure if they are drop ins for what i have, or if i have to do some drilling for the pin.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:11 pm

showmethemoney wrote:I have seen a lot of topics surrounding locking tuners, however none are clear as to the ones i would need.

I have a G&L Bluesboy Tribute ASAT classic semi hollow body 2015. The tuners on this guitar have no logo on them at all. There is only 1 poll that goes through the neck, no screws that can be seen from the back. I want to replace my tuners with locking tuners but can't seem to figure out which ones would be compatible with my guitar.

Anyone have done this on a bluesboy tribute? or know which ones are compatible?

There are no drop-in replacements for the Tribute tuners that anyone has so far located.
See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum, General G&L Questions sub-forum: What tuners are used on G&L guitars (USA models)?.
The current G&L Locking tuners can be used can be made to work if a new locator pin is drilled.
See the G&L On-Line Store: http://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/c ... -hand-only.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:12 am

I was able to mount Hipshot locking tuners using their UMP mounting plates (I did have to lengthen the slots to fit the G&L spacing) and they work great!

Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:31 pm

Its funny you say this, i found these tuners with the universal mount. I ordered it but noticed too that the slots were off in relation to the G&L holes. I ended up installing the locking tuners anyways and simply did what was necessary for the screw/holes.