MFD Humbuckers as replacements on Tribute ASAT Deluxe?

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:00 am

Hello, by the way! First post, though I have used this forum for years as a valuable info resource...I own 4 other G&L's and love them (even more than my supposedly "better" guitars....ha ha). I have a 1 year old Tribute ASAT Deluxe and am looking to replace the pickups. They are "ok", but I would like better. I love the tech in the MFD's (I have an ASAT special with the single coil MFD's, love those) and am wondering if the humbucker MFD's will work...
Could they be a direct drop-in replacement, or am I looking at some wood-work on the body to get them in? I can't find info on the online store and am also wondering if they come with a 4 conductor option so I can still have the coil-splitting? Any other suggestions for pickups? I considered some good old Seth Lovers, but am very interested in MFD humbuckers.....
Thanks in advance!

Re: MFD Humbuckers as replacements on Tribute ASAT Deluxe?

Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:33 pm

richinmusic wrote:Hello, by the way! First post, though I have used this forum for years as a valuable info resource...I own 4 other G&L's and love them (even more than my supposedly "better" guitars....ha ha). I have a 1 year old Tribute ASAT Deluxe and am looking to replace the pickups. They are "ok", but I would like better. I love the tech in the MFD's (I have an ASAT special with the single coil MFD's, love those) and am wondering if the humbucker MFD's will work...
Could they be a direct drop-in replacement, or am I looking at some wood-work on the body to get them in? I can't find info on the online store and am also wondering if they come with a 4 conductor option so I can still have the coil-splitting? Any other suggestions for pickups? I considered some good old Seth Lovers, but am very interested in MFD humbuckers.....
Thanks in advance!

The outside dimensions of the F-100 MFD humbucker pickup cover is approximately 1 3/8" x 3 1/2". And, yes they come with 4 wires to do coil splitting. The only current production model using this pickup is
the current production F-100. See: 2007 Custom Creations F-100 Return Edition and 2009-present standard production F-100 Picture Diagram and ASAT Deluxe/Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top wiring diagram.

If you decide to do this mod, please post about your project in the The Project Page sub-forum. See: READ THIS FIRST - About The Project Page sub-forum.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Re: MFD Humbuckers as replacements on Tribute ASAT Deluxe?

Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:35 pm

Craig wrote:The outside dimensions of the F-100 MFD humbucker pickup cover is approximately 1 3/8" x 3 1/2". And, yes they come with 4 wires to do coil splitting. The only current production model using this pickup is
the current production F-100. See: 2007 Custom Creations F-100 Return Edition and 2009-present standard production F-100 Picture Diagram and ASAT Deluxe/Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top wiring diagram.

If you decide to do this mod, please post about your project in the The Project Page sub-forum. See: READ THIS FIRST - About The Project Page sub-forum.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Wow, thanks for this! If the pickups come with the 4 conductor wires already, I may do this right away. The reason I am asking here is because there is no info on the purchase page. Thanks again!