Does G&L use Left Handed pots in the Legacy and ASAT guitars

Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:55 am

This may be something that has been discussed at length, but I am not sure we have seen a definitive answer.

Does G&L use actual left handed (reverse audio taper) pots in these guitars or do they use right handed pots (i.e. standard audio taper) wire backwards?

The former is what I am hoping that they use as it is the only one that is truly functional for a lefty.

However, I wonder if it is the latter that they use since the taper seems to have little or no effect for the majority of the sweep.

Any input would be appreciated?

Stephen

Re: Does G&L use Left Handed pots in the Legacy and ASAT gui

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:59 pm

stheri88 wrote:This may be something that has been discussed at length, but I am not sure we have seen a definitive answer.

Does G&L use actual left handed (reverse audio taper) pots in these guitars or do they use right handed pots (i.e. standard audio taper) wire backwards?

The former is what I am hoping that they use as it is the only one that is truly functional for a lefty.

However, I wonder if it is the latter that they use since the taper seems to have little or no effect for the majority of the sweep.

Any input would be appreciated?

Stephen

No, they use the same pots used for right handed models. Which means that you would turn them counter-clockwise to turn them up. They should function
the same as the right hand models.

Also, use the Search function. I used the keywords "lefty +pots" to find previous posts regarding this topic.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek: