NGD ASAT Classic 'S' Alnico

Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:31 am

So, for a while now I been talking about getting a Legacy Special but I never seem to see one that really calls me. I decided it was time to suck it up and order one. As always happen when I try to buy a Legacy Special, I bought something else instead. In this case an ASAT Classic 'S' Alnico.

It arrived sooner than expected and looks and feels just like it should.

I have never played a 3 pickup t-style guitar before receiving this one. It definitely can produce some interesting tones. I need to spend quite a bit more time with it to get a better feel for what it can do.

Re: NGD ASAT Classic 'S' Alnico

Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:32 pm

Hey Dalto congratulations! :happy0065:

Now yer dancing with a blonde and yours is a beauty. Blondes will surely get you in trouble. :evilgrin: You will definitely find some range in three pups. I was reluctant as well but found the variety a lot of fun. I want to hear about the G&L alnico's. All G&L's I have are MFD's so I want to hear your alnico review.

Enjoy and wake up the neighbors!

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 am

Love the trans finish!

Great pickup!

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:50 am

SWEET!! That model is always on my radar to try. Can it do a good Strat "quack?" BTW yours just showed up on the G&L Facebook page.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:15 am

sam wrote:I want to hear about the G&L alnico's. All G&L's I have are MFD's so I want to hear your alnico review.

Most of my G&Ls are MFDs as well. I decided to go Alnicos this time. I need more time them with them before I can compare them in detail.

Horax wrote:Love the trans finish!

Great pickup!

Thanks!

gwayne64 wrote:That model is always on my radar to try. Can it do a good Strat "quack?"

It does quack. Not sure if I would describe it exactly the same as a strat produces. Then again, I am not sure that all strats sound the same either so maybe it is all relative.

gwayne64 wrote:BTW yours just showed up on the G&L Facebook page.

Heh, that sure is mine. Thanks for pointing that out.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:24 am

A Blondie with a rosewood fretboard is always a winner ! :thumbup:

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Hot ASAT Classic S Alnico! I really enjoy my ASAT Classic S (MFD). It was my first 3 pickup guitar. I find myself spending a lot of time in positions II, IV, and V. I find it has an overall beautiful roundness and richness.

I really like Nick Jaffe's demo of the ASAT Classic S Alnico. He can sure cokes some sweet tone out of it.

Enjoy!

Dan