my stuff got stolen....

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

I played a winery a couple weeks ago and that night I left my Telecaster, Pod Line6 X3 Live pedal and my ASAT Deluxe in my back seat. I have tinted windows and I was going back to the winery to play the next morning. Anyway... I had to remove my Martin D28 so that my son could sit back there that night. The next morning I got ready for the gig, brought the Martin out to put in the back seat and I saw the broken glass all over my back seat. Someone had broke the window out and grabbed my Tele (Danocaster) and my X3 live. Both were in black gig bags. I can't believe it but my ASAT Deluxe in a tolex case was still sitting there. My theory is it was too heavy. They didn't want to open the door to get it out because my alarm would have gone off. I have lived in the same house almost 18 years and always parked there with no problems. I have learned my lesson though to not leave equipment in the truck no matter what. Apparently another woman's car was also hit that night and they stold her computer equipment out of the back seat. My homeowners insurance and auto paid for some of the loss (deductions and depreciation kicked in of coarse). The good news: I got a used ASAT Classic to replace my Danocaster and instead of the X3 Live I chose to go with a Digitech RP1000 which I am warming up too. I like it. Here is a picture of my stolen Danocaster. If you see my stolen guitar please contact me at george.spriggs@gmail.com . Thanks guys.

Re: my stuff got stolen....

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 pm

That really sucks. We had our car broken into about 6 months ago. They only got our GPS and our CD case. Like you we had never had problems. I am glad that you are warming up to the new equipment, not that it lessens the loss.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:24 am

Sorry to hear that! Our neighborhood is relatively quiet, but there are some subdizided housing units nearby and one of them is known for drug activity. Gang activity is also on the rise in this area. Our car has never been "broken" into, but earlier this year I found the contents of our glove box spilled across the front seats and the manual in the street with the door ajar...my wife doesn't always lock, so I think that was probably the case...hopefully that'll be a learning experience for her! Fortunately we keep nothing of value in there, and I sure won't now.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:42 am

Hi George,

What a bummer! It would be of great help if you also publish the Serial Number for those of us on the look-out. But a nice silver lining due to your acquisition of a ASAT Classic.

- Jos

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:47 pm

There is a special kind of hell reserved for gear thieves and people who talk in the theatre.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:49 pm

That sucks about the stolen gear. Earlier this year I had my electric and acoustic pre-amps stolen from the theater I work in in Branson. This theater is also a church and the sound crew thinks it was some kids from a visiting youth group. Just goes to show you, you can't be too careful with your gear.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:17 pm

Really sorry to hear that. Make sure you check the local pawn shops for your old guitar.

I never, ever, ever leave anything of value in my car. I don't even like leaving it on stage between sets - there's always at least one drunk person who'll get up and grab the mic if the stage is unattended and I dread the day that someone walks up there and grabs one of my guitars.