Serial number sharing?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:53 am

I have gone to the registry, and located an ASAT listed with the same serial number that is on my S-500, is this common, since they are different models, it seems strange to me, and how would I go about registering my guitar since the number is already in use? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Serial number sharing?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 am

Preston Joy wrote:I have gone to the registry, and located an ASAT listed with the same serial number that is on my S-500, is this common, since they are different models, it seems strange to me, and how would I go about registering my guitar since the number is already in use? Any help would be appreciated.

It is rare but we do have documented cases of duplicates in the G&L Registry.
Here is a link to the entries listed with Dupicate in the Other Features field: http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/AUTOREG/int ... nter_fmt=1.

Please add an entry for your S-500 to the registry and I will email you and the current owner of the ASAT to get photos of each guitar including a
close up of each serial number. I will then contact one of my contacts at factory to have the serial number looked up.

Re: Serial number sharing?

Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:50 am

Thank you, I have wondered if there was a typo, or if there were other cases. I'll register my 500, and I'll see if I can get the other guitars in my family on there too.