Potential NGD: 2006 George Fullerton Model

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:09 am

The George Fullerton below just popped up for sale near me. The guitar appears to be in pristine condition, is a 2006, comes with the tweed case, trem bar, COA, and warranty card. I wouldn't mind trying it out, but I'm having a hard time finding any consistent comps to determine a fair price. I'd like to try it out, but also concerned I won't like the vintage frets...never tried them before, so if I did buy it I would want to get it at the right place incase I decide to flip it down the road. All things considered, what would a reasonable offer be? I don't want to be insulting, but also want to get a solid deal. Thanks for the insight, and I'll keep you posted as he's available to meet tomorrow morning.

Re: Potential NGD: 2006 George Fullerton Model

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:39 am

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase: Is there a good source for getting G&L instrument values?.

Hope this helps.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:15 pm

I bought one of these quite a few years back off Ebay. Natural finish, left-handed. It had a nice v-neck, but wasn't set up well and I sold it for about what I paid. I'm thinking $400 or so. Can't tell you how much I regret the sale. May have been the only GF lefty made. The neck was very much the same as a '57 Strat. I would think $750 would be a fair price for your purposes, though I would start at $600. Wouldn't worry too much about offending the seller.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:06 am

I have not had a problem with the "vintage" frets on a GF. These are nice strat type guitars.
Getting a clean GF under a grand would be a good snag but highly unlikely.

y2kc