Asat Deluxe bridge pickup spacing

Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:33 pm

Hello, I bought a Asat Deluxe in cherry flame top the other day, and I decided to change the pickups. I assumed they were f spaced, but I took out the bridge and it said it was regular spaced. so when I put the new bridge pickup in, only the D and G strings lined up, and the other strings were off by a bit. F spaced is supposed to be wider, so idk why it's off. my question is, what spacing pickup should I purchase???

Re: Asat Deluxe bridge pickup spacing

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:49 pm

metajewfro wrote:Hello, I bought a Asat Deluxe in cherry flame top the other day, and I decided to change the pickups. I assumed they were f spaced, but I took out the bridge and it said it was regular spaced. so when I put the new bridge pickup in, only the D and G strings lined up, and the other strings were off by a bit. F spaced is supposed to be wider, so idk why it's off. my question is, what spacing pickup should I purchase???

The bridge humbucker pickup should be the wider spacing, for example the current ASAT Deluxe model has these pickups as stock:
PICKUPS: Neck - G&L AS4255B, Bridge - G&L AW4470B

If yours has Seymour Duncan pickups and they came that way from the factory they would be these:
Neck - Seymour Duncan ’59, Bridge - Seymour Duncan JB Model TB-4

See these posts in our G&L Knowledgebase forum: List of pickups used in G&L guitars, Decoding the various G&L pickup part numbers and Humbucker spacing on G&L trem?.

Hope this helps.