Help2: Is my asat USA?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 pm

ok, here are the pics ... finally...

Re: Help2: Is my asat USA?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:26 pm

Your guitar looks legit, and that serial number shows up on the registry already. Did you put it there or was it already there? The serial number on the certificate looks suspect to me. Not only does it not match, I don't think that's a valid serial number. It should have a G or CLF in front of it.
David

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 am

Absolutely US made and legit. And beautiful too!

- Jos

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:37 am

dhgleaves wrote:Your guitar looks legit, and that serial number shows up on the registry already. Did you put it there or was it already there? The serial number on the certificate looks suspect to me. Not only does it not match, I don't think that's a valid serial number. It should have a G or CLF in front of it.
David

I concur, guitar looks legit and mighty fine! ASAT Special with jumbo MFDs are awesome. The COA does look suspicious. :confused0007:

Enjoy!
Dan

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:19 am

That's definitely legit.

G&L moved to four bolt necks before the Tributes came out. If either the neck or the body was from a Tribute, the holes from a Tribute neck would be visible in both the pockets, and on the finish where the 3 bolt neck plate couldn't hide them.

Yep...That's the real McCoy.

That means either the neck is original and the COA is wrong, or the COA is original and the neck plate was replaced at some point. More likely the COA is wrong.

You could always contact G&L to find out which.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:59 am

thank you for all your comments. I'm glad i did not get ripped off after all.
I still wonder where that COA came from???

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:49 pm

jm408 wrote:thank you for all your comments. I'm glad i did not get ripped off after all.
I still wonder where that COA came from???

The early COA's serial numbers left off the prefix (G0, CL and CLF).
The COA you got diffently does not match your guitar, but is a legit COA.
You can get a replacement COA from the G&L On-Line Store, see this link: https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/collections/accessories-and-replacement-certificates/products/replacement-certificate-of-authenticity.

Here are some examples of my COA's:
1996 John Jorgenson Signature ASAT Special (S/N G051797):

2001 ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow (S/N CLF23928):

2016 ASAT Classic Bluesboy 90 Semi-Hollow (CLF076629):

Hope this helps.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:11 pm

Thank you Craig, i really appreciate your help and i will order a COA