ASAT Body Edge Radius?

Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:13 am

I believe the ASAT body edge radius is larger than a Tele body. Does anyone know the spec that G&L follows? I've searched for this a bit and haven't found a value. Thanks.

Re: ASAT Body Edge Radius?

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:01 am

jackstraw wrote:I believe the ASAT body edge radius is larger than a Tele body. Does anyone know the spec that G&L follows? I've searched for this a bit and haven't found a value. Thanks.

Starting in Febuary 2017, the Original Leo Spec Body Depth (1.625” mill-depth) is standard on all ASAT guitars and ASAT basses.
See: February 1-August 31, 2017 Body Options Other.
This includes the ASAT Classic Bluesboy models. In the early '90s ASAT body depth was changed to 1.780" which is like an early Telecaster.

Hope this helps.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:06 am

Craig wrote:
jackstraw wrote:I believe the ASAT body edge radius is larger than a Tele body. Does anyone know the spec that G&L follows? I've searched for this a bit and haven't found a value. Thanks.

Starting in Febuary 2017, the Original Leo Spec Body Depth (1.625” mill-depth) is standard on all ASAT guitars and ASAT basses.
See: February 1-August 31, 2017 Body Options Other.
This includes the ASAT Classic Bluesboy models. In the early '90s ASAT body depth was changed to 1.780" which is like an early Telecaster.

Hope this helps.

I see you are asking about the body edge radius. I suggest you contact G&L's Customer Support and ask Tech Support.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:45 pm

not sure what it is but generally G&L has smaller radii than Fenders. The Legacy platform has noticeably "sharper" or smaller edge radii than a strat(which I personally don't like). Not sure if this same principle applies to the ASATs, especially since I always get bound tele bodies.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I do think they increased their body radii a bit since the 80s/90s

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:45 pm

The radius on my ASAT Classic S is definitely larger than on my MIM Telecaster. My ASAT has front and rear contours, I don't know if that makes a difference. The ASAT looks to be about 5 mm and the MIM Tele about 3 mm. Or about 3/16" on the ASAT vs 1/8" on the MIM Tele if you prefer Imperial units. My Tribute ASAT Special Deluxe as almost no radius, but that seems common with carve tops.

I would say I prefer the larger radius on the ASAT. I think it looks much better. JMO.

Cheers, Dan

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:02 am

WitSok wrote:The radius on my ASAT Classic S is definitely larger than on my MIM Telecaster. My ASAT has front and rear contours, I don't know if that makes a difference. The ASAT looks to be about 5 mm and the MIM Tele about 3 mm. Or about 3/16" on the ASAT vs 1/8" on the MIM Tele if you prefer Imperial units. My Tribute ASAT Special Deluxe as almost no radius, but that seems common with carve tops.

I would say I prefer the larger radius on the ASAT. I think it looks much better. JMO.

Cheers, Dan

Thank you. I’ll reach out to G&L and post whatever answer I get.