Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Espada is now available...

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:19 pm

Posted today on G&L's facebook page:
The 40th Anniversary Custom Shop CLF Research Espada guitar is now available. Okoume body, 3A Quilted maple top, Clear Ruby Red finish and a highly figured-roasted Maple neck and fretboard.

Posted on G&L's facebook 12/31/2020:
Here’s a G&L Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Collection Espada in Clear Ruby Red over quilted maple on okoume.
CS2020057 is headed to Highway Musical in China.

Posted on G&L's facebook 05/31/2020:
Here’s a G&L Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Collection Espada in Clear Ruby Red over quilted maple on okoume.
CS2020055 is headed to Tulsa Band & Guitars in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Posted on G&L's facebook 5/09/20:
Here’s a G&L Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Collection Espada in Clear Ruby Red over quilted maple on okoume, highly-figures roasted maple neck.
CS2020056 is headed to Jacks Music - Australia

Posted on G&L's facebook 3/30/20:
Here's a G&L Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Collection Espada in Clear Ruby Red over quilted maple.
CS2020051 is headed to G&L Guitars Russia.

Last edited by Craig on Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Added another photo

Re: Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Espada is now available.

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Wow! :shocked003: Uh oh...

Re: Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Espada is now available...

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:02 pm

Good lord, that is gorgeous! Anyone know what the price will be?

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:14 pm

cho wrote:Good lord, that is gorgeous! Anyone know what the price will be?

You know we cannot post prices for new G&L instruments here, right? See: GbL History & G&LDP/G&L Knowledgebase/Marketplace Guidelines.

Contact one of the G&L Custom Shop dealers to get that information. Go to the G&L Custom Shop webpage for the list of dealers.

Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:46 pm

Oops. Sorry. :oops:

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:50 pm

I wish this was available with a dual fulcrum vibrato. Oh… and locking tuners.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:01 am

cbm wrote:I wish this was available with a dual fulcrum vibrato. Oh… and locking tuners.

I agree. And if they throw in the option to add a middle pickup, that would be awesome! I love that they are bringing back the guitar preamp. Ever since I got an F-100 with an active preamp, I have wished it was in all my guitars!

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:24 pm

I'm also excited about the preamp - but I've never played a guitar with active circuitry that I recall (only owned a bass with one once.) I'm fine with it not having the DFV (makes up for the paucity of S500s/Legacies with the Saddle Lock somewhat) and Klusons are my home base, though I do hope more options are due during the next cycle upgrade to keep everyone happy :) Then again, just having the old style headstock makes me happy.

Sat May 09, 2020 8:05 am

cho wrote:
cbm wrote:I wish this was available with a dual fulcrum vibrato. Oh… and locking tuners.

I agree. And if they throw in the option to add a middle pickup, that would be awesome! I love that they are bringing back the guitar preamp. Ever since I got an F-100 with an active preamp, I have wished it was in all my guitars!
Danley wrote:I'm also excited about the preamp - but I've never played a guitar with active circuitry that I recall (only owned a bass with one once.) I'm fine with it not having the DFV (makes up for the paucity of S500s/Legacies with the Saddle Lock somewhat) and Klusons are my home base, though I do hope more options are due during the next cycle upgrade to keep everyone happy :) Then again, just having the old style headstock makes me happy.

I don't see why you could not order a Custom Shop Espada with the features each one mentioned above. Of course, each one of you
could contact a Custom Shop Dealer and ask for your specific specs. ;)

Sun May 10, 2020 3:37 am

Craig wrote:I don't see why you could not order a Custom Shop Espada with the features each one mentioned above. Of course, each one of you

I have not been very impressed with the G&L custom shop experience. There are three custom shop dealers in my state (and that's only if Music Store Live and Pitbull can be considered different). The closest one is about five hundred miles away. One of them couldn't be bothered to get back to me when I was first shopping for a Comanche.

There is a distinct scarcity of G&L dealers in the San Francisco area, in general.

Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Craig wrote:I don't see why you could not order a Custom Shop Espada with the features each one mentioned above. Of course, each one of you

FYI, I talked with an east coast Custom Shop dealer before I ordered my 40th Anniversary Espada inquiring whether I could get it with a 12" board and DFV. They received this answer:
The sales manager said there are not [sic] mods on the 40th Espada guitars. They are only building 40, and they are to a single specification. Sorry about that.

If that is different, than that is only a very recent change in attitude and I'd be a bit miffed.

- Jos

Last bumped by Craig on Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:06 pm.