NGD - Mint 2014 G&L Classic

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:03 am

The mail man brought me this beauty yesterday morning.

I saw this guitar online months ago. It was selling as used but listed it in mint condition. I think it was either a return or a floor model - but in any case, it has no wear on it that I can see, and it plays like butter. It feels and shows as newer than new. The neck is straight and true, it's got that Classic Asat sound in spades, and I think it looks fantastic. I've been jonesing for a butterscotch blonde classic for a couple of years now, and never seemed to find one in the same time window as having the cash to buy one.

That changed at the end of last week, and this is what I have to show for it. I'm going to add it to the registry once I post this. I scrubbed the SN in the picture above, but it'll be in the registry.

I'm looking forward to gigging this soon. I may post some more pictures in the days to come. I snapped this one yesterday quickly because I anticipated this post, and it don't exist without a pic. So...

Re: NGD - Mint 2014 G&L Classic

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:39 am

Congratulations Dan! Turn it up and let it rip!
Cheers.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:47 am

Excellent ! You can't go wrong with that colour combination. Glad it happened for you.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:25 pm

Nice! What great guitars they are.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:41 pm

Sweet guitar Dan, that’s a classic twice over!

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:03 pm

Hey Dan,

Congratulations! :alright: Timing is everything sometimes, and it looks like time was on your side with this one. (I can hear you playing a Rolling Stones song of the same title in my head)

Look forward to hearing more about your impression of this beauty.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:01 am

Looks like candy...yumm!!

Congrats, sounds like you got a deal :banana:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:02 pm

That is a really great looking Asat!. They really make awesome guitars.

y2kc

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:37 pm

Elwood, I did get a great deal. I owe it to a combination of timing, favorable circumstances, and the ability to wait for the right deal.

Sam, I've yet to play it through my main amp - which is presently setup where I practice. I've plugged it into the little practice amp I have at home, so I know everything works, but I am waiting to play it through my #1 before I really fawn over it. ;)

Casey - I'mma take more pics of it this week and post 'em here when I do. It is truly flawless, near as I can tell.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 am

Superb looking guitar Dan Gotta love the transparency of G&L's finishes and how well they show grain patterns.

I have an ASAT Special I love and can't help but thinking an ASAT Classic will end up parking itself here as well.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:03 pm

Looks great. Congratulations!