97' - 98' Legacy pick up routes

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:53 am

I am curious if anyone can tell me if the body of a 97-98 Legacy is routed for humbucker pick ups. I am particularly interested to know if the neck route was. I only ask because there is one I have been eyeballing at GC that seems to need a home and the the pickups are one of the items that jump out at me as not being correct, H-S-H and they dont look like G&L pickups to me. Just want to know how butched up this Legacy is for negotiating. Probably going to rescue it regardless though.

Thanks.

Re: 97' - 98' Legacy pick up routes

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:09 pm

MUNSTER38 wrote:I am curious if anyone can tell me if the body of a 97-98 Legacy is routed for humbucker pick ups. I am particularly interested to know if the neck route was. I only ask because there is one I have been eyeballing at GC that seems to need a home and the the pickups are one of the items that jump out at me as not being correct, H-S-H and they dont look like G&L pickups to me. Just want to know how butched up this Legacy is for negotiating. Probably going to rescue it regardless though.

Thanks.

The body is bathtub routed and the pickups are installed on the pickguard. See: Which G&L guitar models have the body with a bathtub route?.

Hope this helps.

Re: 97' - 98' Legacy pick up routes

Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Yes it does. thanks