Does anybody know what REDIV may mean on a pickup sticker?

Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Hi folks,

I recently saw an image of the back of an AP4385CR P-90 pickup with sticker on the back reading "G&L/GT90-REDIV-R-1P". GT90 refers to the Tribute Ascari GT-90 model. "-R-" is for 'Rear" or bridge; the corresponding neck pickup had the same tag but with "-F-" instead. "-1P" is unknown to me; I have seen "-4P" on Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy neck humbuckers. But I am most intrigued by "REDIV". What could that mean? Redivision? Does not make sense to me in a guitar context. But maybe somebody knows ...

- Jos

Re: Does anybody know what REDIV may mean on a pickup sticke

Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:31 pm

yowhatsshakin wrote:Hi folks,

I recently saw an image of the back of an AP4385CR P-90 pickup with sticker on the back reading "G&L/GT90-REDIV-R-1P". GT90 refers to the Tribute Ascari GT-90 model. "-R-" is for 'Rear" or bridge; the corresponding neck pickup had the same tag but with "-F-" instead. "-1P" is unknown to me; I have seen "-4P" on Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy neck humbuckers. But I am most intrigued by "REDIV". What could that mean? Redivision? Does not make sense to me in a guitar context. But maybe somebody knows ...

- Jos

The Tribute Ascari GT90 and Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top P-90 pickups were Neck AP4285CR and Bridge AP42105CR.
All G&L P-90 pickups use 42 gauge wire. See: List of pickups used in G&L guitars.

Perhaps "REDIV" means RED4, but I really have no idea what either would mean.

I will see if someone at the factory can decode this.

Stay tuned.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:59 am

Jos - Looks like the same label is on some Ibanez pickups:

Ibanez:

G&L:

Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:55 pm

Hey Danley,

Well how about that sports fans! That is great info! I have seen a P-90 bridge from a Tribute ASAT Junior II labeled as "PTP6227 G&L GT-90-BLK" which jibes with the Ibanez neck P-90 in your picture which uses "PTP6223". So these PTP numbers also have some meaning, I guess with the type, number of windings, cover color, and/or combination of these. Quite a few Tribute pickups start with a PTP number some of them listed between items 23 and 24 on this page.

- Jos

BTW As far as the G&L pickups go, I got the information from exactly the same picture you included. ;-)

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:48 pm

My suspicion is that must be coding used by Cort in Indonesia (?) to indicate... Something or another :) Possibly REDIV = ‘Real Exports Division’ or some other internal corporate buzzwords?