1994 Asat Classic Neck & Body Markings

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:06 pm

I took apart my 1994 Asat Classic in Clear Forest Green and have been searching for meaning on some of the neck and body markings, but have not found the answer to some of them in these forums, try as I might.

As far as the markings, I think CLF = Clear Forest Green and the "M" in sharpie could be a builder's initial. Not certain about the "PO 14" in the bridge cavity though. On the neck, written in ballpoint, is "Asat Clas 2". I assume this means a #2 neck, but according to my caliper measurements, this guitar is closer to a #2b neck. Being that they were all hand shaped I guess you could chalk this up to variation, but then again, my calipers are pretty cheap. ;)

Just wondering if anyone has any insight on any of the markings I mentioned or you notice in the photos? Thanks in advance for any help in clearing up my questions.

Re: 1994 Asat Classic Neck & Body Markings

Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:00 pm

beautiful asat classic! something about a green asat...

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:55 am

Sorry can't help you with the markings other than I would suspect #2 means #2 neck like you thought. When I see CLF, I think Clarence Leo Fender. BTW, love the transparent green. I love green guitars!

Cheers, Dan

Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:31 pm

Thanks for the input guys! Yeah, when I saw the CLF marking my heart skipped a beat for a sec thinking the same thing, but then I remembered the date the guitar was made.