G&L ASAT Classic nut issue

Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:54 am

Hi, I don't tend to post often, more a lurker/reader of posts ha! I have an ASAT Classic , not too sure the exact year ( CLF400332) I have a buzzing G (3) string which goes in and out of tune. I'm advised by a guitar tech that I require a replacement nut. I had a look on the site and from what I can gather "In September 2009, G&L switched from the Micarta nut to a 100% Natural Bone nut on all models". Should I therefore go for a bone replacement? Any other options that you'd suggest?
cheers

Re: G&L ASAT Classic nut issue

Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:27 pm

oneeyedog wrote:Hi, I don't tend to post often, more a lurker/reader of posts ha! I have an ASAT Classic , not too sure the exact year ( CLF400332) I have a buzzing G (3) string which goes in and out of tune. I'm advised by a guitar tech that I require a replacement nut. I had a look on the site and from what I can gather "In September 2009, G&L switched from the Micarta nut to a 100% Natural Bone nut on all models". Should I therefore go for a bone replacement? Any other options that you'd suggest?
cheers

G&L does offer an optional Graph-Tech nut for the Option Order models, since 1998.
Reference post: January 15, 2020-present Frets/Tuners/Other Neck Options.

BTW, the serial number of your ASAT Classic has one too many digits.

Hope this helps.

Re: G&L ASAT Classic nut issue

Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:39 am

Craig wrote:
oneeyedog wrote:Hi, I don't tend to post often, more a lurker/reader of posts ha! I have an ASAT Classic , not too sure the exact year ( CLF400332) I have a buzzing G (3) string which goes in and out of tune. I'm advised by a guitar tech that I require a replacement nut. I had a look on the site and from what I can gather "In September 2009, G&L switched from the Micarta nut to a 100% Natural Bone nut on all models". Should I therefore go for a bone replacement? Any other options that you'd suggest?
cheers

G&L does offer an optional Graph-Tech nut for the Option Order models, since 1998.
Reference post: January 15, 2020-present Frets/Tuners/Other Neck Options.

BTW, the serial number of your ASAT Classic has one too many digits.

Hope this helps.

Hi Craig, the serial number should read CLF40332, sorry!
john