Which model are you hunting for?

Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:50 am

Is there a G&L model that you are regularly searching/hunting/watching for? (For simplicity, this thread is posted in this "1992 to present" forum, but I say that it's OK to include pre-1992 instruments in this thread.)

I am curious and watching for an ASAT Custom/Special Deluxe. I'd like to hear the jumbo MFDs in that mahogany/maple wood combo. (Please, no discussion whether wood affects tone.) Not all were made that way; e.g., tilia/basswood was the main body wood for several years. A few have come up on Reverb, but my ideal version would have an ebony board, which narrows this elusive search even more. I only recently found the post from a couple years ago from BrazAd, who had a lefty version with all those specs!

How about you? Which model are you keeping an eye open for :searching: ?

Re: Which model are you hunting for?

Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:07 pm

The next ASAT! :roll:

The ONE on my list is a ASAT HB Special Build. Love the HOG’s and this one grabbed me when first seen at Buffalo Brothers.

Other than that, maybe a ASAT Z2, or ASAT Korina, or ASAT CAT or ….. :evilgrin:

Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:17 am

I'd love an old HG-2!

Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:22 pm

Wow! Let us know when you find one!

Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:20 pm

I've kind of been keeping an eye out for an older (?90's) ASAT Classic that is double bound, like the '60's custom telecasters, and a transparent red finish. I've seen a lefty version, but not the other vector!

Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:15 pm

Not really looking right now but I did find myself looking at SC-1s the other day.
I missed a good chance on a Broadcaster a few years back- still find those interesting but usually pretty pricey.
Still curious about the Doheny too though they have not inspired me to buy off the internet. Perhaps some day I'll try one in person and that will make the difference.