Flight Case for ASAT Bass

Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:50 am

Is anyone aware of an off the shelf flight case (ala SKB/Gator) that will fit an ASAT bass? I've lucked into a new project where I'll be doing some fly dates, but my bass just has a Rolex hard case and I want something sturdier for air travel. If there's nothing off the shelf I'll be on to trying to get a custom one made or looking for a new bass altogether that I can get proper protection for.

Re: Flight Case for ASAT Bass

Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:10 am

therecluse wrote:Is anyone aware of an off the shelf flight case (ala SKB/Gator) that will fit an ASAT bass? I've lucked into a new project where I'll be doing some fly dates, but my bass just has a Rolex hard case and I want something sturdier for air travel. If there's nothing off the shelf I'll be on to trying to get a custom one made or looking for a new bass altogether that I can get proper protection for.

I picked up a JB1 (which I love btw), and couldn't find any "specific to my bass" cases. So I measured the dimensions (i.e. L x W x H) and found a gator case that served my needs. I wasn't looking for a flight case mind you, I wanted a good quality soft case so I could carry it on my back. That's not what you're after - but the method worked for me.

Having said that, have you considered that most major airlines (American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, and Delta, etc.) allow you to 'carry on' a guitar? It's not as comfy, that's for sure, but it's a viable option if your airline allows it.

Re: Flight Case for ASAT Bass

Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:34 pm

That was helpful. Found a Gator case that should work. Still kind of want to find another bass though ;) ...