Help with a 1995 ASAT

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:24 am

Hi all,
I've recently purchased a 1995 ASAT. I don't know too much about it. I added it to the Registry yesterday, so I guess you can take a peek at it there. Anyways what I'm curious too know is, its value. I'm pretty sure I got it for a steal. I don't think they knew what they had, and to be honest I didn't really either. So I was hoping I could get your opinions on how much you think it is worth.

Here are some pics.
http://gallery.me.com/soundslikechocola ... &view=grid

Guitar is in excellent condition, only one scuff mark on the rear bottom. and it came with its original hardcase!

The guitar even came with a story. Apparently INXS once owned this guitar, who then gave it to Chris Murphy (their manager) and I got it off his daughter. (Like INXS, I'm from Australia too, I should maybe point out) So given the guitar's date, and for the price I paid, she had no reason to make up stories, I think there is some validity to it. Though I don't care either way....wicked sounding guitar.

Cheers.

Re: Help with a 1995 ASAT

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:16 am

I don't have any idea as to the value of your ASAT, but I checked out the pictures and it is a beauty! And the ties to INXS is cool.

Kit

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:41 am

That is a sweet looking special.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 am

Four recent sales on e-bay of three bolt specials, 555.,560.,636. and $637.00 add 50 for shipping and you have a low end of $600.00 and a high end near $700.00

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi Josh, and welcome

In Australia they sell for between $1100 and $1400 used. I picked up a beauty recently for $1200. They are certainly bargains used - a new MIM tele costs around the same price and the G&L is a far, far superior instrument. Enjoy it!

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:53 pm

ok good news. someone told me it might be worth a bit more than that, but that doesn't matter really.

I am definitely loving the sound of this thing one of my fav Tele sounds I've heard.

Thanks all.