new G&L day

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:49 am

Just picked this up yesterday! I ordered it about 9 weeks ago at a Local dealer in Louisville, Steilberg String Instruments.

Re: new G&L day

Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:59 am

Dude. I orderred a trans orange Special about 6 weeks ago :D Hope mine looks that good. I have been gassing for a Bluesboy too...Anything special about it spec wise?

Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:55 pm

pretty much perfect. great color :happy0065:

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Very Nice! Congratulations!

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:53 pm

Absolutely stunning. Definitely my favorite ASAT color. Congrats on a great looking guitar!

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:51 pm

Is that an ebony fingerboard? It looks very dark, and the frets look smaller than standard too. Could be the picture

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 am

The frets are indeed smaller than usual, I went with the vintage option because I was used to guitars with smaller frets. This also has the size 3 neck which feels great. I also went with the graphite nut and locking tuners. I haven't used these tuners in the past but I hear they are nice once you get the hang of using them properly. The fretboard is rosewood, it just happens to be pretty dark. I loved the look of the birdseye neck, but because I went with a rosewood board I went with the matte finish neck, so it already feels broken in too!

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:59 am

Beautiful. I have always loved that color.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:05 am

Beautiful guitar. If is sounds at least half as good as its esthetics, it would still be killer!

- Jos

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Gorgeous. You will love it. I have a Mahogany BB.-- G&L uses awesome Swamp Ash. ---Darwin

Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:30 pm

Enjoy your new Bluesboy!!

Here's mine: Image I love it! :happy0007:

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:47 pm

GuitarJunkie84 wrote:The frets are indeed smaller than usual, I went with the vintage option because I was used to guitars with smaller frets. This also has the size 3 neck which feels great. I also went with the graphite nut and locking tuners. I haven't used these tuners in the past but I hear they are nice once you get the hang of using them properly. The fretboard is rosewood, it just happens to be pretty dark. I loved the look of the birdseye neck, but because I went with a rosewood board I went with the matte finish neck, so it already feels broken in too!

Thought those frets were small :)

I have locking tuners on all my G&Ls, they make string changing much, much quicker. The trick is to not have too many winds on the post. You can even get away with only having half a wind on them!

What are your impressions so far? When I got my Bluesboy I couldn't get over how great the neck pickup sounds, it's so rich and detailed. The MFD pickup in the bridge is the best match for it - don't even bother trying to find a better one. A few forumites, myself included, have tried but failed. I believe Tim (Buffalo Bros) chose the Seth Lover after much experimenting. The man knows what he's doing!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:27 am

blargfromouterspace wrote:I have locking tuners on all my G&Ls, they make string changing much, much quicker. The trick is to not have too many winds on the post. You can even get away with only having half a wind on them!

That is how I string em, no more than 3/4 a wind ever. Greatly improves your tuning stability as you have no slip.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:53 pm

I really like the way the two pickups sound. It was only after I ordered it that I read about people trying to find a better match, but I am happy with them overall, I won't be touching them. I haven't had a neck humbucker on a guitar in a long time so I already like how many different sounds I can get out of this, and thats with somewhat limited gear in the amp department. Lefty that bluesboy looks awesome. How does the hollow body sound?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Love the guitar, Nice!
Still have one of those on my wish list.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:04 pm

GuitarJunkie84 wrote:I really like the way the two pickups sound. It was only after I ordered it that I read about people trying to find a better match, but I am happy with them overall, I won't be touching them. I haven't had a neck humbucker on a guitar in a long time so I already like how many different sounds I can get out of this, and thats with somewhat limited gear in the amp department. Lefty that bluesboy looks awesome. How does the hollow body sound?

Thanks GuitarJunkie84, I think some people are always trying reinvent their guitars. I find the Seth Lover HB on an Bluesboy to be perfect. I absolutely love the sounds I can get out of the pickup combination. 8-)
As far as how the semi-hollow body sounds - I can't compare it to a solid body Bluesboy since I've never played one. But I think it sounds a bit more "woody" like other semi-hollow guitars. It is one of my favorite guitars! 8-) 8-)

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:40 pm

GEORGEOUS!! I always thought my favorite color on a tele-style guitar was butterscotch blonde...I may have been wrrong!!