1995 g&l legacy electric guitar info.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:12 pm

hi, i have a 1995 g&l legacy guitar. it is natural in color, high gloss finish, has a maple neck, sperzel locking tuners, white pick guard. the date on the inside of the neck is 01-09-1995. the production number on the 3-bolt neck plate is G041339. looking for info. on it. is rare, a limited edition anything. i have contacted dwayne & chris from g&l. they can't find anything in the database. they said it only goes back to 1998. any info. would help tremendously.

Re: 1995 g&l legacy electric guitar info.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:51 pm

theo23 wrote:hi, i have a 1995 g&l legacy guitar. it is natural in color, high gloss finish, has a maple neck, sperzel locking tuners, white pick guard. the date on the inside of the neck is 01-09-1995. the production number on the 3-bolt neck plate is G041339. looking for info. on it. is rare, a limited edition anything. i have contacted dwayne & chris from g&l. they can't find anything in the database. they said it only goes back to 1998. any info. would help tremendously.

From your description, it sounds to be a standard production model. There are no Legacy Rarebirds in our G&L Rarebirds page of
the G&L Registry.

The Legacy first came out in 1992 and is still in production today. The pickups in yours (if stock) are G&L Vintage Style Alnico V pickups and at that time were handwound. Prior to 1995, the pickups were Seymour Duncan SSL Vintage (flats) pickups.

Oh, and the G041339 is the serial number, not a production number which might indicate the number produced. The actual production numbers for standard production models are not released as public information.

Hope this helps.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:06 pm

hi craig, thanks for the info. the dealer i got it from stated it was some kind of run that went with strat's & tele's. i have not seen this guitar anywhere, & thought it might be rare or limited.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:13 pm

theo23 wrote:hi craig, thanks for the info. the dealer i got it from stated it was some kind of run that went with strat's & tele's. i have not seen this guitar anywhere, & thought it might be rare or limited.

Can you post some pictures of it? I'm not sure what the dealer is referring to.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:06 am

where & how do i upload them?

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 am

theo23 wrote:where & how do i upload them?

Welcome theo23,
There are some tips for posting pics here:
http://guitarsbyleo.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1264

...looking forward to seeing your G&L

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:28 am

can i email them to you & can you post them? i have no idea about the url & photo hosting thing.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 am

theo23 wrote:can i email them to you & can you post them? i have no idea about the url & photo hosting thing.

Sure, no prob...I'll send you my email in a Private message

Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:21 am

Here they are...glad to help.
Beautiful Legacy by the way...love that natural finish...Congrats !
I resized them so they load quicker

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 am

Dang dude, that a is a sleek looker, very nice piece of ash for the body.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Elwood wrote:Here they are...glad to help.

While it's not any special build that I can tell, it is a beauty!
It does have the 3 bolt neck with the micro tilt and there are a
number of members on the GbL who feel that G&L should not
have changed to the 4 bolt neck.

Elwood, thanks for posting theo23's photos :thumbup:

Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Craig wrote:
Elwood wrote:Here they are...glad to help.

While it's not any special build that I can tell, it is a beauty!
It does have the 3 bolt neck with the micro tilt and there are a
number of members on the GbL who feel that G&L should not
have changed to the 4 bolt neck.

Elwood, thanks for posting theo23's photos :thumbup:

Nice legacy, I don't miss the three bolt as much as I miss the deep contours of the early legacy guitars. It's the reason I bought my '93 in the first place over a new legacy.

Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:34 pm

I can't see the G&L logo on those pickups--could they be the Duncan SSL-2s? Have to look at the back side to be sure, I think. Either way, it's good. I really like the G&L pickups.

Nice guitar!

Bill