Has G&L Ever Made This Guitar?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:39 pm

I currently own a Tribute ASAT Special and used to own a Tribute Legacy HB (hss). I have determined that the bridge humbucker in the Legacy was the best bridge humbucker I have played. I have also determined that the neck pickup in my ASAT is my all time favorite neck pickup.

Has there ever been a model made by G&L that used those two pickups? I know they are amazing on their own but I wonder if they would pair well together. I may have to pursue building such a creature one day. Maybe with a semi-hollow body.

Just wondering.

Re: Has G&L Ever Made This Guitar?

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:41 pm

darylb wrote:I currently own a Tribute ASAT Special and used to own a Tribute Legacy HB (hss). I have determined that the bridge humbucker in the Legacy was the best bridge humbucker I have played. I have also determined that the neck pickup in my ASAT is my all time favorite neck pickup.

Has there ever been a model made by G&L that used those two pickups? I know they are amazing on their own but I wonder if they would pair well together. I may have to pursue building such a creature one day. Maybe with a semi-hollow body.

Just wondering.

Nope, not that I am aware of. BTW, the humbucker in the Tribute Legacy HB is the G&L AW4370B Alnico humbucker.

If you do build it, let us know how it sounds and post a picture or two.

Hope this helps.

Re: Has G&L Ever Made This Guitar?

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:35 am

If I were to attempt it, it would be a project over time. Funds just arent what I want them to be right now. Are the ASAT bodies swimming pool routed?