Switch to full style
The place to discuss, post photos, video, and audio of the G&L products (US instruments, stomp boxes, etc.) produced after 1991, including the amps & gear we use with them.
Forum rules
Post a reply

G&L headstock decals - is there a standard?

Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:52 am

Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been raised before...

Why?

1. Is my USA Legacy HB headstock G&L decal (Guitars by Leo) in gold lettering, whereas my USA ASAT Special Deluxe headstock G&L decal (Guitars by Leo) is in white lettering? The wood and finish of both are the same, so why the difference?

2. Does my USA Legacy HB headstock decal say "Legacy USA", whereas my USA ASAT Special Deluxe headstock decal just says "ASAT" and not "ASAT USA"?

Very curious. I just thought that G&L might have a standard for this. Has someone done a gallery of how headstock labelling has varied over the years? Maybe a good project for the company archivist?

Thanks for reading folks!

Bill

Re: G&L headstock decals - is there a standard?

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:40 pm

BillEvans1956 wrote:Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been raised before...

Why?

1. Is my USA Legacy HB headstock G&L decal (Guitars by Leo) in gold lettering, whereas my USA ASAT Special Deluxe headstock G&L decal (Guitars by Leo) is in white lettering? The wood and finish of both are the same, so why the difference?

2. Does my USA Legacy HB headstock decal say "Legacy USA", whereas my USA ASAT Special Deluxe headstock decal just says "ASAT" and not "ASAT USA"?

Very curious. I just thought that G&L might have a standard for this. Has someone done a gallery of how headstock labelling has varied over the years? Maybe a good project for the company archivist?

Thanks for reading folks!

Bill

You've probably already seen this, but just in case you haven't: "Guitars by Leo" missing on headstock....?

Some day they will have them standardized. ;)

Maybe there's going to be a chapter on it in Greg Gagliano's and Gabe Dellevigne's G&L book
they have been working on for a couple of years. :think:

Re: G&L headstock decals - is there a standard?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Craig wrote:Maybe there's going to be a chapter on it in Greg Gagliano's and Gabe Dellevigne's G&L book they have been working on for a couple of years.

Thanks Craig. That was helpful. Really looking forward to seeing that book by Greg and Gabe.

Ta.

Bill
Post a reply