View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 custom order SC-2 - possible or not? 

Post custom order SC-2 - possible or not?
Hi Guys,
I was able to save some money and sold some stuff. That means I'm able to order my second G&L: the new SC-2.
But I'm confused, the G&L homepage says there are no options available regarding the neck or color, although I have seen SC-2s with Ebony fretboard (homepage says rosewood only) and two tone sunburst (homepage says: blue, red, white or black only) Butterscotch, which is a premium finish.

So whats the deal? Can I order a custom SC-2? Or were those different SC-2 guitars some sort of limited special run?

Lately I haven't seen any SC-2s on Ebay or Gbase or any other retailer. There were much more (see "limited special run SC-2s"). Are there any problems with the production? I mean do I have to wait a year or so if I place an order?
Best regards

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Post Re: custom order SC-2 - possible or not?
I saw an SC-2 in Yellow Fever online somewhere. I would bet they could make one to order-including a maple board. Seems easy enough...

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:43 pm

For what it's worth,there are two current eBay auctions for SC-2s. Each auction states 2 available, so there are four total. Niether auction includes any photos and the descriptions don't mention any color. His feedback is not particularly great either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/G-L-USA-SC-2-Electr ... 56410a17d9

http://cgi.ebay.com/G-L-USA-SC-2-Electr ... 27b6b0639b

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:11 pm
Site Admin

jnnagel88 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I was able to save some money and sold some stuff. That means I'm able to order my second G&L: the new SC-2.
But I'm confused, the G&L homepage says there are no options available regarding the neck or color, although I have seen SC-2s with Ebony fretboard (homepage says rosewood only) and two tone sunburst (homepage says: blue, red, white or black only) Butterscotch, which is a premium finish.

So whats the deal? Can I order a custom SC-2? Or were those different SC-2 guitars some sort of limited special run?

Lately I haven't seen any SC-2s on Ebay or Gbase or any other retailer. There were much more (see "limited special run SC-2s"). Are there any problems with the production? I mean do I have to wait a year or so if I place an order?
Best regards

When G&L re-introduced the SC-2 they limited the options to what you see on the website (they had changed the gigbag
to a tolex case several months ago). No, there is no production problems with this model. I know of one which was done as
a special favor. The others are likely test colors built to get dealer feedback.

I suggest you contact your G&L Distributor, let them know what specifics you want on the SC-2.
They will contact G&L and find out if it can be ordered as you want.

Hope this helps.

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:23 am
Profile WWW

Thanks Craig.
I'm going to order a SC-2 in 3 tone sunburst with black pickup covers tomorrow
Let's see if G&L is going to build it. :thumbup:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:57 am

I was in American Guitar & Band and they had a couple SC-2's. I was checking out a black one w/ cream covers; wow! They also had more vintage amps than I have seen in a LONG time. I placed an order for a lefty S-500 30TH. He'll know by tomorrow if it can be done(also bringing a G&L guitar to test a few amps!).

Cheers,

Will

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:28 pm
Profile WWW

Alright then, I placed the order today. Don't know if I will get my SC-2 in 3 tone sunburst. :| Keep your fingers crossed.
willross wrote:
lefty S-500 30TH. He'll know by tomorrow if it can be done(also bringing a G&L guitar to test a few amps!).

Hi Will, "30TH" is the anniversary edition, right? Did they accept your order?

Edit: found this pic on Facebook. And it looks like a custom SC-2... 8-)

Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]