Can I change to ptb system?

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:05 pm

I own Legacy Fullerton and I ´m quite keen on installing the PTB system on it. Is this advisable ? If so what are the electronic components involved and how to buy them?
Thanks !!!
Rod

Re: Can I change to ptb system?

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 am

Sure. You can change it. The pups in your guitar are the AlNiCo's. These do not have a lot of bass to begin with, but it will still add some versatility.

The components you need can be found at any full service Electronics shop, or on the Internet. You can ge tthe pots from the G&L online store if you want.

Look at he values in this schematic, and this should tell you everything you need to know. You do not have to add the expander switch unless you want to.

Gary G

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Gary, would you happen to know when G&L starting using the PTB system in Legacy guitars? I guess I was under the impression that all of them already had this system installed. Thanks!

JP

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:16 pm

rpacf wrote:I own Legacy Fullerton and I ´m quite keen on installing the PTB system on it. Is this advisable ? If so what are the electronic components involved and how to buy them?
Thanks !!!
Rod

For clarity, are you talking about a Legacy Fullerton Standard model or the George Fullerton Signature model?
The Legacy Fullerton Standard model has the PTB system while the George Fullerton Signature model has the old style tone controls.
I'm pretty sure you are talking about the G. Fullerton Signature, but it's not usually referred to as a Legacy model.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:10 am

Craig is absolutely right. I didn't think about the Legacy Fullerton Standard. I assumed you meant the George Fullerton Signature model?

The Legacy Fullerton Standard DOES have the PTB, unless someone has messed with it.

The George Fullerton Signature model has the typical "Strat" configuration. You can switch this out, but I recommend you put it back in if you resell the guitar (probably worth more money the way it came from the factory).

JP - You are right. Legacy has always had PTB since it's intro in 1992.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 am

Legasat - thanks for your your !!!!