Lefty G&L ASAT Special?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:24 am

Did G&L ever make an ASAT Special with a maple fretboard? I've seen a few with rosewood fretboards...

Re: Lefty G&L ASAT Special?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:15 pm

digi wrote:Did G&L ever make an ASAT Special with a maple fretboard? I've seen a few with rosewood fretboards...

They made at least one .... here's mine.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Oh my! :thumbup: Yummies! Southpaw, that is a wonderful piece you have there. Beautiful color combination.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:43 pm

Wow! Very nice, what's the neck like?
I just sold my lefty ASAT Classic Custom since the neck was way too thick for me (don't worry I'm on the prowl for another G&L). I'm really interested in the Special and was hoping it has a thinner neck.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:54 pm

digi wrote:Wow! Very nice, what's the neck like?
I just sold my lefty ASAT Classic Custom since the neck was way too thick for me (don't worry I'm on the prowl for another G&L). I'm really interested in the Special and was hoping it has a thinner neck.

The neck on this one is not big or chunky, it's probably smaller than a medium but not very thin. I bought this one used, I'm guessing it was a custom order by it's original owner, what with the colour combo and the binding.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:56 pm

very sweet looking guitar!!

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:22 pm

I've had a few, and still have my blonde/maple '89 Leo Fender signature ASAT. Maple fretboards have always been available, including great birdseye over at least the last thirteen or fourteen years.