Little man on headstock.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Hey all.

I bought a G&L Tele a few years back on ebay. Beautiful guitar 52 classic with a birdseye maple neck. Apparently it was a limited run made for a store in Boston I believe.

My question is on the back of the headstock there is a little doodle of a man holding a guitar. I have googled this and found nothing on it, nor have I seen any other G&L's with this on it. Curious if anyone might have some more info about the guitar or the picture.

Cheers
Drew

Re: Little man on headstock.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm

drew3 wrote:Hey all.

I bought a G&L Tele a few years back on ebay. Beautiful guitar 52 classic with a birdseye maple neck. Apparently it was a limited run made for a store in Boston I believe.

My question is on the back of the headstock there is a little doodle of a man holding a guitar. I have googled this and found nothing on it, nor have I seen any other G&L's with this on it. Curious if anyone might have some more info about the guitar or the picture.

Cheers
Drew

Please post a photo of this image and the front and back of the guitar, too.
Also, please add it to our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Sorry guys trying to find out where to post images. Still working my way around the site.

Cheers

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:45 pm

drew3 wrote:Sorry guys trying to find out where to post images. Still working my way around the site.

Cheers

See this post: Tutorial: Posting photos.

Looking forward to seeing them.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:31 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81708072@N ... hotostream

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:39 pm

IMG_0497 by drew3green, on Flickr

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:41 pm

IMG_0496 by drew3green, on Flickr

IMG_0499 by drew3green, on Flickr

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:51 pm

I thought it might have been the now defunct Daddy's Junky Music store, which has released a couple of Special Edition models, but I don't seem to be able to get a full-proof match either. :(

- Jos
Last edited by yowhatsshakin on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:55 pm

I believe it is one of 10 Limited Edition guitars built for Boston Guitar Works. Look at Boston Guitar
Works website and you will see the same "Little man" image in their logo. They no longer are a G&L dealer,
but you might contact them, show them your photos and ask if they know the specifications on this guitar.
See the registry entry for Serial Number CL15717 in our G&L Registry.
Note that the model name is deleted from the headstock. I don't know if there is
anything special under the control plate to make this unique. The pickups appear to be stock MFD's but perhaps
they are over- or under-wound. I will try to find out from one of my contacts at G&L.
The serial number (CLxxxxx) would indicate that it was built in '97 or '98. Please do add your guitar to the Registry.

Hope this helps.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:07 am

Very cool. Thanks for the replies. Would anyone ha e an approx idea of value?

Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Contacted the store. They originally bought these guitars and put different pickups in them. They also sold with a tweed case. It appears who ever bought it has put stock G&L ASAT's back into it. as well as a G&L case came with the guitar not the custom tweed one.

Thanks again for all the help guys. I have registered the guitar also.

Cheers

Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:37 pm

drew3 wrote:Contacted the store. They originally bought these guitars and put different pickups in them. They also sold with a tweed case. It appears who ever bought it has put stock G&L ASAT's back into it. as well as a G&L case came with the guitar not the custom tweed one.

Thanks again for all the help guys. I have registered the guitar also.

Cheers

Did they happen to mention what pickups they put in them? That would explain why the
model name was left off.

Thanks.