Can an ASAT CLASSIC have a SADDLE-LOCK BRIDGE??????

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 pm

Can I order the ASAT CLASSIC with the SADDLE-LOCK bridge instead the standard vintage boxed bridge?

Re: Can an ASAT CLASSIC have a SADDLE-LOCK BRIDGE??????

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:56 pm

surfco wrote:Can I order the ASAT CLASSIC with the SADDLE-LOCK bridge instead the standard vintage boxed bridge?

Nope, but you could order an ASAT Special. ;)

The bridge pickup and traditional boxed bridge are integral to the ASAT Classic.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:57 pm

There is reality, and there is theory. The 2 are not always the same. http://www.glendaleguitars.com/bridgeplates.htm sells a "half plate" that, in theory, you could use. I have never touched one, so I don't if it will fit or not. But just going off the visuals, which is usually a VERY bad idea, you could do it.

It would require some customization of the guitar, etc. And it would result in a tone that is different from the stock Classic bridge. Better or worse, I don't know.

If you decide to go for it, let us know how it goes.

edg

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Wait, you mean there are folks who don't own both the ASAT Classic and the ASAT Special? :shock2:

Actually, I'll have to wait until next year for the ASAT Special. Can't wait. :mrgreen:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:20 pm

You got me thinking about this.

I have no way to measure, but could you bolt a saddle lock bridge in the ashtray of an Asat Classic? Better yet - a saddle lock, ashtray hybrid bridge? That would be killer!