CLF-100 pups

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:57 am

Hello all,

I recently bought a set of CLF-100's from G & L online. They arrived wrapped together in a plastic bag - no spec sheet or instructions...not even an invoice (not a huge deal).

They have no markings as far as I can tell, or maybe I haven't looked close enough, but the only difference between them is the colors of the wires. But...without a spec sheet or instructions, this means nothing.

I can test them (and will, to make sure they're good) with my DMM, but I need something to go on. I can do a search, I suppose, but I figured I'd inquire here first.

And, a bit of a rant...after I ordered them, I noticed it says to specify bridge or neck (as one has more windings) in the description. However, when you order these pups, there are only two drop-down options - middle and neck/bridge. So when I ordered them I chose middle x 1, and neck/bridge x 2. If you don't read the whole description, it appears that the neck and bridge are interchangeable.

Now, this is my fault for not reading the description carefully, and hopefully the person who filled the order knew that I wanted a set, but there really should be three options in the drop-down box, not two. Ok, rant over.

Anyway, I appreciate any help you guys can give.

Peace,

Richard

Re: CLF-100 pups

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:10 pm

I suggest you contact G&L directly at webstore@bbesound.com. They are very customer friendly and I'm sure they will provide the answers you need.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Try to measure the DC Resistance with a meter.
Neck in my Legacy is about 6.8k, middle 6.9k and bridge 7.1k. Maybe that way you could identify you pickups stock position.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:14 pm

rrusso wrote:Hello all,

I recently bought a set of CLF-100's from G & L online. They arrived wrapped together in a plastic bag - no spec sheet or instructions...not even an invoice (not a huge deal).

They have no markings as far as I can tell, or maybe I haven't looked close enough, but the only difference between them is the colors of the wires. But...without a spec sheet or instructions, this means nothing.

I can test them (and will, to make sure they're good) with my DMM, but I need something to go on. I can do a search, I suppose, but I figured I'd inquire here first.

And, a bit of a rant...after I ordered them, I noticed it says to specify bridge or neck (as one has more windings) in the description. However, when you order these pups, there are only two drop-down options - middle and neck/bridge. So when I ordered them I chose middle x 1, and neck/bridge x 2. If you don't read the whole description, it appears that the neck and bridge are interchangeable.

Now, this is my fault for not reading the description carefully, and hopefully the person who filled the order knew that I wanted a set, but there really should be three options in the drop-down box, not two. Ok, rant over.

Peace,

Richard

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum -> sub-forum G&L Technical Questions & Tips: Re: G&L Tribute Legacy - No logo on pups?.

Hope this helps.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Tooslowhand wrote:I suggest you contact G&L directly at webstore@bbesound.com. They are very customer friendly and I'm sure they will provide the answers you need.

Hi...thanks, yes, I did email them, but haven't rec'd a reply yet...however, Craig pointed me in the right direction.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:15 pm

Craig wrote:
rrusso wrote:Hello all,

Peace,

Richard

See this post in our G&L Knowledgebase forum -> sub-forum G&L Technical Questions & Tips: Re: G&L Tribute Legacy - No logo on pups?.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Craig, I found what I needed.

I do indeed have black/white, red/yellow, and blue/yellow wires, so it appears they knew what I wanted.

I'm still going to measure them, because I'm kind of a geek about this stuff and just have to know.

I appreciate your quick response.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Ok, just measured them, and using Spencer's post as a guide for the positions, here are the results:

Neck (black/white wires) - 6.01k
Middle (red/yellow wires) - 6.03k
Bridge (blue/yellow wires) - 6.82k

I'll measure again after they're installed, as the cable will add some resistance.

Thanks again for all the replies.