Americana is back with our new G&L American Republic models!

Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:14 pm

From a post on G&L's facebook page (4/8/2024):
Americana is back with our new G&L American Republic models!
These small batch instruments celebrate America with star-spangled metal flake finishes boldly flying the Red, White and Blue.
The ASAT Classic Alnico and LB•100 were selected for their traditional tones that appeal to a broad range of players,
and both feature special identification on the back of the headstock with “American Republic” and “Land That I Love” surrounding the serial number.
Maple fingerboards feature white pearl top dots for a clean look that salutes the color scheme of Old Glory.
If that’s not enough to break into your best rendition of God Bless America, the price on each of these models is $1776 including G&L gig bag.

we expect these will be in select dealers. They’re just now shipping so we’ll post some as they head out.

Re: Americana is back with our new G&L American Republic mod

Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:43 pm

Very nice, we salute you!

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:35 am

Very nice.
BUT- I prefer the R/W/B tri-color versions, (Think Buck Owens).
Didn't G&L do this at one time?

Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:45 am

LarryNJ wrote:Very nice.

Yes, they did atleast two other finishes: US Metalflake and Red, Silver and Blue Metallic Thin Urethane (Custom Shop).

Here’s a G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic Alnico in USA Metalflake, 3-ply white guard,
quartersawn maple neck with clear satin finish and Blue Metalflake headstock.
CS2307004 is headed to Wholesale Music Instruments in West Melbourne, Florida.

Here is a link to the G&L Registry entries for USA Metalflake: USA Metalflake.

Here’s a G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic Alnico in Red, Silver and Blue Metallic over basswood, 3-ply white guard,
quartersawn maple neck with Vintage Tint Gloss finish, Blue Metallic headstock.
CS2301007 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer UpFront Guitars in Bellingham, Massachusetts

Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:46 am

My Dad was Dutch, so I prefer the Original layout - which (to me) seemed better for some reason:

Dutch Flag:

Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:14 am

Craig wrote:
LarryNJ wrote:Very nice.

Yes, they did atleast two other finishes: US Metalflake and Red, Silver and Blue Metallic Thin Urethane (Custom Shop).

Here’s a G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic Alnico in USA Metalflake, 3-ply white guard,
quartersawn maple neck with clear satin finish and Blue Metalflake headstock.
CS2307004 is headed to Wholesale Music Instruments in West Melbourne, Florida.

Here is a link to the G&L Registry entries for USA Metalflake: USA Metalflake.

Yse, I thought so. Now those were very cool. I thought at one time that a metalflake finish was too gaudy, BUT- I had a "competitors" bass in a metalflake finish (rhymes with "odulus") and it was TRICK!!
G&L finish department is by far the best in the West. Sorry, Mr. Wikins, no offense! :mrgreen:

Here’s a G&L Custom Shop ASAT Classic Alnico in Red, Silver and Blue Metallic over basswood, 3-ply white guard,
quartersawn maple neck with Vintage Tint Gloss finish, Blue Metallic headstock.
CS2301007 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer UpFront Guitars in Bellingham, Massachusetts