late introduction, sorry

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi All, sorry for my late introduction, i posted before introducing myself and i shouldn't have, Ive just read the "read this before you post" item, I guess i should have done that, lol, sorry about that. My name is Geoff, im 56 and at last getting a bit serious about my guitar playing. I was introduced to G&L guitars by a friend of mine who mentioned to me that he was selling his red SC-3. I bought it straight away, he always raved about this guitar so i knew i was onto a good thing. I recently bought another, a black one, there is a bit of collector in me too and i dont think these guitars will go down in value. The red one is dated January 31 1991, the Black one dated Feb 22 1991. I'm happy to say that in the last couple of months i have been reborn so to speak with the pleasure playing a guitar brings to me. Instead of being happy to just riff around with bits and pieces of songs i now practice a song from begining to end, well its only one so far, lol, Tears in Heaven, a classic Eric song and im so happy to say that i play it pretty well now, though singing and playing at the same time might take me a bit longer, lol, its not that easy is it...
Again, sorry for the late intro,
Cheers
Geoff

Re: late introduction, sorry

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:31 pm

geoff douglas wrote:Hi All, sorry for my late introduction, i posted before introducing myself and i shouldn't have, Ive just read the "read this before you post" item, I guess i should have done that, lol, sorry about that. My name is Geoff, im 56 and at last getting a bit serious about my guitar playing. I was introduced to G&L guitars by a friend of mine who mentioned to me that he was selling his red SC-3. I bought it straight away, he always raved about this guitar so i knew i was onto a good thing. I recently bought another, a black one, there is a bit of collector in me too and i dont think these guitars will go down in value. The red one is dated January 31 1991, the Black one dated Feb 22 1991. I'm happy to say that in the last couple of months i have been reborn so to speak with the pleasure playing a guitar brings to me. Instead of being happy to just riff around with bits and pieces of songs i now practice a song from begining to end, well its only one so far, lol, Tears in Heaven, a classic Eric song and im so happy to say that i play it pretty well now, though singing and playing at the same time might take me a bit longer, lol, its not that easy is it...
Cheers
Geoff

Geoff,

First welcome to this forum. Love to have you here.

Second, there are plenty of us here who have caught the G&L collecting bug. And whether it is pre-BBE era or post does not really matter a heck of a lot. I know I can speak from first hand experience. One day you wake up and you just have to … ;-)

- Jos

Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:08 am

Hi Jos, ty for your welcome, its great to to be here.
lol, yes, this GAS bug is quite a tough condition to control isnt it, we will cope as best we can, lol,,
cheers mate
G

Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:33 am

geoff douglas wrote:Hi All, sorry for my late introduction, i posted before introducing myself and i shouldn't have, Ive just read the "read this before you post" item, I guess i should have done that, lol, sorry about that. My name is Geoff, im 56 and at last getting a bit serious about my guitar playing. I was introduced to G&L guitars by a friend of mine who mentioned to me that he was selling his red SC-3. I bought it straight away, he always raved about this guitar so i knew i was onto a good thing. I recently bought another, a black one, there is a bit of collector in me too and i dont think these guitars will go down in value. The red one is dated January 31 1991, the Black one dated Feb 22 1991. I'm happy to say that in the last couple of months i have been reborn so to speak with the pleasure playing a guitar brings to me. Instead of being happy to just riff around with bits and pieces of songs i now practice a song from begining to end, well its only one so far, lol, Tears in Heaven, a classic Eric song and im so happy to say that i play it pretty well now, though singing and playing at the same time might take me a bit longer, lol, its not that easy is it...
Cheers
Geoff

Welcome, Geoff! :greet:

Thanks for posting your introduction and mentioning the Welcome! Read This First post, as it might
spark other newbies (and oldbies, too!) to post an introduction, as well. ;)

Nope, you can't have too many G&L's. :D

:ugeek:

Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi Craig, thanks for your welcome.
Its a great site and thanks to you and all who look after it, well done. :happy0065:
I have put the guitars in the registry as requested,,
cheers and take care
Geoff

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:27 pm

Welcome to the forum Geoff. I think you'll like it here. G&L makes a great guitar.

Greg.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi Greg and thanks for the welcome too.
I do like it a lot, there's so much to read and learn, its simply a great site, just fantastic.
Cheers
Geoff