Fiorano !

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:27 am

I'm new here and would just like to tell you what a great guitar the Fiorano GTS is. I bought mine after fancying a change, I have had Fender Strats' since 1964 and fairly recently treat myself to a couple of Gibsons', but I wanted to try something new. I use the vibrato a lot, I love playing melodies as well as all the other stuff, I was brought up on rock & roll The Shadows, Ventures, Beatles, Jeff Beck et al and still have a solo act as well as a band.
I fitted a Stetsbar to the Fiorano and it is a killer instrument, all the heavy stuff is there but I can clean it up and get some lovely Strat like clean tones too, I've made it my main guitar - nobody else on the circuit has one and it's looks bring a lot of attention.

Because I liked it so much, I investigated other G&L guitars and sought out a used Tribute S-500. I'm familiar with the Strat feel so it fits perfectly, but what a great surprise with that wonderful palette of different tones to choose from. The down side was the vibratos bar was missing and I ordered one from the online store. The price of the bar was acceptable but the shipping I thought was extortionate @ $25 for such a small item. To compound insult to injury I found that the allen screw and nylon bush were not present and found them at the online store also, pretty reasonable @ $5.75 for six but again $25 shipping is taking the p***.

I opted not to buy them as the total price was a joke. Please, why don't G&L get some service over here in the UK where we can buy stuff like whammy bars and screws at a sensible price, same as Fender and Gibson. I have sourced the same screws here for a few pennies.

G&L guitars a fabulous, but upon ringing around guitar centres in the UK I'm finding that many don't want to stock them because of the lack of access to stuff like spares - they are not popular which is a shame as they are better than the rest, problem is the PR needs bringing into line and up to that of Fender and Gibson. I use Mesa Boogie amps and their service and help is second to none for us here in the UK. Maybe G&L could take a leaf out of their book ?

Re: Fiorano !

Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:40 am

Welcome to GbL!

Ken

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:00 am

Welcome! :greet:

Regarding the G&L On-line store and shipping costs, see http://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/pages/about-us.
It sounds like you choose UPS shipping instead of USPS which should be much cheaper.

Please post a photo or two of your guitar and do add it to the G&L Registry. For posting photos and general navigation
of our site see viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10449 .

:ugeek:

Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:16 pm

Welcome, Robbo!

The guitars are great, aren't they? As a fellow UK player, I have to agree that there are few dealers here and that this is not ideal; but the instruments are so good that it doesn't really put me off.

Lots of design and production attributes of G&Ls are uniquely right-on-target for me.