Help with 2004? ASAT Classic S

Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Discovered a Honeyburst/Maple Classic S. Semi hollow no f hole

The body is stamped Jan 28, 2004. The neck has Classic and TAN (?) written in ballpoint along with some sharpie type scribbling I cannot make sense of.

The neck has the gunstock tint and is lightly birdseye in spots (no super ornate or anything). However, it is a 12" radius.

The Custom Creations page link that had the older Custom S stuff seems to be not working.

I am just trying to find out if this is one of the Custom S from the original 2004 run or something different. The serial number seems to put it at early 2004 against others in the database, but the neck radius is throwing me off as I thought all the original ones had the narrower radius.

TIA

Re: Help with 2004? ASAT Classic S

Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:40 pm

DrunkenGarbageCan wrote:Discovered a Honeyburst/Maple Classic S. Semi hollow no f hole

The body is stamped Jan 28, 2004. The neck has Classic and TAN (?) written in ballpoint along with some sharpie type scribbling I cannot make sense of.

The neck has the gunstock tint and is lightly birdseye in spots (no super ornate or anything). However, it is a 12" radius.

The Custom Creations page link that had the older Custom S stuff seems to be not working.

I am just trying to find out if this is one of the Custom S from the original 2004 run or something different. The serial number seems to put it at early 2004 against others in the database, but the neck radius is throwing me off as I thought all the original ones had the narrower radius.

TIA

It could one of the one-offs built in late 2004 or 2005.

Here is the Internet Archive for the Custom Creations page: http://web.archive.org/web/20170802160456/http://www.glguitars.com:80/instruments/USA/customcreations/index2.asp.

Also check out these posts in our G&L Knowledgebase: Production List of G&L Instruments (USA), List of Regular Production ASAT-style guitars (USA) and List of Special Edition & Non-Production ASAT-style guitars.

BTW, we have both the current link to the new G&L website and a link to the Internet Archive of the 2017 version of the G&L website in our Links Section.

Hope this helps.

PS- We would love to see your ASAT Classic 'S', so please post some photos.
And don't forget to added it to our G&L Registry.