Why no neck profile options on a Fallout?

Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:40 am

My son has a Tribute Fallout, and it ROCKS! Kind of makes me want to get a USA version, but I see on the G&L website that neck options are not available. Bummer! Any idea why?

Re: Why no neck profile options on a Fallout?

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:52 am

I thought they did but it's listed as NO neck options ... bummer for sure in this modern age of CNC equipment :shocked028:

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:06 am

Ches wrote:My son has a Tribute Fallout, and it ROCKS! Kind of makes me want to get a USA version, but I see on the G&L website that neck options are not available. Bummer! Any idea why?

See this post in the G&L Knowledgebase: WHY are there no neck options for SC-2/Fallout?.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:55 am

So Craig, if the (temporary?) impasse is getting the CAD work done to allow other carving profiles of the SC-2 headstock necks, do you think there's any chance the factory could be sweet-talked into putting an ASAT/S-500 neck on one? I'm assuming the heels are identical and that just the headstock shape would be "wrong," but that the SC-2 decal could still be placed on it.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks, Craig. I'll put the Fallout on the back burner for a while.....unless they want to take Colin's idea and throw a Modern Classic neck on one and send it to Michigan. Field test/prototype, perhaps?! :D

Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:24 pm

My USA Fallout must be a one-of-a-kind, then. I was able to order it with a different neck, I am pretty sure it was the 1B option, a slimmer profile.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:56 pm

Yamwich wrote:My USA Fallout must be a one-of-a-kind, then. I was able to order it with a different neck, I am pretty sure it was the 1B option, a slimmer profile.

In 2014 until July 2015, the Fallout did have neck options available. Since your's was ordered in 2014, your Fallout did have neck options.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi Craig,
It's been many months since this topic was discussed. Anything new at G&L about opening up neck options for the Fallout? I'm getting one when they do!

Thanks!

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:05 pm

lefty_major wrote:Hi Craig,
It's been many months since this topic was discussed. Anything new at G&L about opening up neck options for the Fallout? I'm getting one when they do!

Thanks!

I emailed Dave this morning.

My email:

Hi Dave,

A few of members are again inquiring to get news about neck options for the Fallout, SC-2 and F-100.
Are these still in the CAD/CAM project queue?

Thanks,
--Craig

Dave's reply:

No news on that, Craig.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:43 am

Thank you for checking.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:02 am

In 2016, with the March 1, 2016 Price List, the 1 5/8" nut width neck options are available.

Neck profile: Slim C (neck profile options must be 1 5/8” nut width only)

Here are the current neck options for the Fallout:

Classic C - This is the profile most G&L fans associate with the post 2000 era. 1 5/8” nut width, slight edge roll, medium taper from 0.830” to 0.960”.
It starts off fairly slim and gets beefier up the neck. These specs were part of the #1 neck.

Heritage ‘86 - Faithful to the early G&L years with a 1 5/8” nut width, slight edge roll, and medium taper from 0.790” at 1st fret to a 0.910” at 12th fret.
These specs were part of the #1b neck.

Modern U - Fans of Leo’s early U-shape necks often want a chunk down low but not too much at the top.
While some of those early U-shape necks were extremely thick, the Modern U offers a bit more chunk but not too much.
1 5/8” nut width, slight edge roll, mild taper from 0.850” at the 1st fret to 0.910” at the 12th fret. These specs were part of the #1c neck.

Soft V - A gentle V-shape is heaven for some players, and this is one will delight. Mild V-shape down low which fades to almost C-shape up top.
1 5/8” nut width, slight edge roll, mild taper from 0.830” at the 1st fret to 0.960” at the 12th fret. These specs were part of the #2a neck.

Deep V - A more aggressive V-shape for those who can’t get enough V. Pronounced V-shape down low which fades to moderate V-shape up top.
1 5/8” nut width, slight edge roll, mild taper from 0.890” at the 1st fret to 0.930” at the 12th fret. These specs were part of the #1d neck.