Re: New G&L Facebook page - CLF RESEARCH CO.

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:40 am

These two look different but sound alike. You know which one I prefer. : )

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:41 am

just spent half an hour playing this Tribute Series Kiloton and it’s killer. Hmmm...I think I’ll keep it here in Leo’s Lounge.

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:41 am

Got the 2002 ASAT Deluxe Semi-Hollow plugged in. Love this guitar.

Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Moments before impact: me stupidly leaning way back in my chair to dial in the Marshall. Who else here never seems to learn this lesson?

phpBB [video]

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:20 pm

Sharing from insta my friend Tony’s post of the original G&L Broadcaster ad from 1985. Things were rather tense back then, and
exploded immediately after Leo passed in 1991. Wow, there are some stories only me, my brother and dad know.
That was a crazy time but as you can see we survived and thrived. ???
Tony said “This ad was so custom made to piss Fender off. Love it.” Yeah, there was something to that ; )

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:54 pm

A couple days ago I filmed this crisp little slapped box formation, but I just guess the guess the mix with the phone speaker.
So last night wife gave me these new air pods because I complained there’s no more damn jack on the phone and those kids are on the lawn again.
Anyway, with the air pods thingies, it sounds like I have the 15” cab hot in the mix but man it’s still so thumpin’ deep. I dig it the phat bottom!!!

phpBB [video]

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13 pm

March 26, 2018: I sent this pic of one of our old wunkay headstocks to my graphic designer together with my own version I made in Photoshop.
I geeked out so hard just on the logo but It had to be perfect.

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13 pm

It’s PA time for Leo’s LJounge!ust got a bunch of stuff from QSC Systems and Sean and Doug are setting it up. I can’t wait!!!!

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Funkin’ with my new G&L Tribute Series Kiloton in series mode. I love this thing! Playing little sloppy lol but hey,
if It’s got the mic setup decent maybe this won’t sound bad on AirPods which of course I forgot to bring to the company today.

phpBB [video]

Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:55 am

And now the same riff, same sloppy one-take effort, same amp setting, but this time with my 1981 L-1000 ash/Ebony in OMG mode. Massive

phpBB [video]

Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:44 pm

There was a computer mixup and THIS Skyhawk HH, my new lounge toy, has been sold. Gasp! Turns out no,
it wasn’t this one but another that was just completed. So I asked Lary if the dealer would dig getting this one.
It’s been in actual demo vids, my stuff here in Leo’s Lounge and....I love it. It’s going to REvolve Guitar & Music Shop.
Damn, I miss it already!

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:09 am

NGD for Dave: 2018 G&L Tribute Series ASAT Special in Blueburst on swamp ash. Killer ASAT, never mind the price.
True story: an overseas distributor said the truss rod was stuck so I had it shipped back here because I smelled BS. The guitar is fine,
but the Tech was apparently not a real tech. Anyway, I’m keeping this guitar now. LOL at the weird sh*t we deal with. :lol:

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:00 pm

April 13, 2018: exactly one year ago I tested the first proto Skyhawk HH made with pickguard and control plate lasered from pickup fiber.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:36 am

I just hope that asatmann uses his new superpower carefully. I mean, it’s so easy to accidentally crush everything with a V12 doped up on wicked pedal juice. Be careful out there ???????????? Red Witch pedal on there
・・・

Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Our prez Dave McLaren (CLF Research) took this pic of our man Doug working on a G&L Tribute Series Legacy before it ships to a dealer somewhere in the USA. Dave checked out the guitar a little, then quietly said “That’s a f***ing great Legacy. Someone is gonna be really happy, and that’s why we do this.” Truth.

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:18 pm

1981, 1978, 1973. Two were made here and one down the street, when there used to be a factory there.

Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:37 pm

I’m chilling on my brother’s awesome Mark V

phpBB [video]

Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Shane Brouse stopped by with his beautiful L-2000 completed on April 17, 1997. This is more than an instrument. This is memories.
I talked him into trying the black tips and black bridge plate last time he was here.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:23 am

Our man Doug playing my new 2018 ASAT Special Tribute Series lounge toy while I try to quickly get a signal level the iPhone likes.
This, of course, was complicated by the fact that I haven’t read the mic manual yet because...manual.
Sounds pretty legit to me on AirPods (but better on IG, just sayin). How’s it sound for you?

phpBB [video]

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:54 pm

January 1956: Fender Sales Representative Dale Hyatt reviewed and made notes on the the past-due accounts statement for his territory.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:43 pm

Our dad John C. McLaren having fun on the Rhodes yesterday. Johnny and I wouldn’t have had this opportunity without dad’s wisdom and strength,
and it’s quite possible that G&L would have been killed off before we could even take ownership of G&L, but dad is one hell of a smart fighter and fixed that!
Love you dad.

Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 pm

The Espada R&D mule is a real guitar and gigging this weekend. The others are the pre-production Espada protos from the NAMM show.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Johnny has given the green light for production. It is time.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Doug with my new lounge toy 2018 G&L Tribute Series ASAT Special. It’s fun to surprise visiting artists with how good the Tribute Series are. “What? This is better than my [more expensive whatever]” I love that.

phpBB [video]

Doug gettin’ his boogie woogie goin’ on.

phpBB [video]

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:32 am

Espada action in the mill 50 years later than Leo imagined in 1969. This one is worth the wait.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:18 am

Our friend Dan Donnelly exploring the fresh tones available in the Espada. He played the Espada mule a while back, too.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:22 am

Somehow I got on to the story about my first Tele, the prototype ‘52 reissue that was supposed to go to Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders.
Long story. Anyway, I busted it out and Dan Donnelly threw down some killer Pretenders licks. Damn near 40 years late for that,
but that’s what the guitar was supposed to do.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:23 am

I just got a text from Timmy with the attached potato cam of me and Doug just starting to get into a groove at closing time.
I’m on the Rhodes Mark V and Doug is on the 2018 CLFR Skyhawk.

phpBB [video]

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:11 pm

Taking the CLF-75B2 prototype out for a ride. The B2 prototype has hand painted logo art probably done by George Fullerton in 1975 here at CLFR.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 pm

Someone on insta asked for a close up view of the hand painted logo art on the CLF-75B2.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:16 pm

Attaching the Delrin preamp standoff to the Espada control plate. Perfectly positioned. This is Johnny’s brain juiced up on CLF and I love it.

phpBB [video]

Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:25 pm

Johnny drilling the mounting hole to attach the G&L Micro Preamp to the standoff mounted to the control plate.

phpBB [video]

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:23 pm

Johnny texted me these pics of Carmen loading up Espada control plates. She has worked here since 1985.

Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Relaxing with Snow Leopard, also known as Snowmobile, Snowterboat but usually just “Meep” like that Spongebob character. This is why.

phpBB [video]

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:31 pm

Mic stands received. Now let’s gets some mics in here dammit.

Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:34 pm

OMG...they’re beautiful and haven’t even had fine sanding. I want all of them!!!! None for you!!! I shall horde them in a dark loft, each gently whispered to as “my precious”.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:24 am

Ready for 5am polishing crew.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:25 am

And more to be polished tomorrow. Busy is good.

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:00 pm

Evening browsing on Reverb and this old L-2000 landed in my shopping cart. See you soon!

Thu May 02, 2019 9:25 pm

Got mics!

Thu May 02, 2019 9:26 pm

Doug actually using a manual

Thu May 02, 2019 9:27 pm

My people are strong :)

Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 pm

Stumbled on to a bag of old CLFR guitar string ferrules, I think we used the same ones on F-100, Sabre and Sting Ray.
I guess the bag is like 40 years old. History quietly rests everywhere in this building.

Fri May 03, 2019 2:15 pm

A few more Espada bodies in the paint shop last night.

Sat May 04, 2019 5:11 pm

My bro Johnny is the man. His Espada preamp standoff locating jig is working perfectly. The little white delrin pieces are milled just for Espada

Sun May 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Kanno-san with a rare 6-switch Leo Fender Signature Series Comanche. 3 pickup on/off switches. Each of the other 3 switches is for coil control. You could have just the treble side (EBG) of the neck pickup on, but not the bass side (DAE). Same with all 3 pickups. Crazy cool the studio, not good after some beers. :)

Mon May 06, 2019 8:22 am

Creepy Fingers Effects with evidence George Fullerton finally got trademark hook on G&L basses by starting with the slim early CLF headstock.
In other words, the hook was not added to the larger original L-2000 headstock...Sb-2 vs Sb-1

Mon May 06, 2019 7:11 pm

Johnny’s old Ampex came out of his garage. No idea about anything so don’t ask. However, I would like to see this all cleaned up
and at least like it works in Leo’s Lounge. It’s just the vibes are soooo good. Just the smell of it is time travel.

Mon May 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Beautiful Comanche VI! I don't see one with its features in the Registry ...! :)

Mon May 06, 2019 7:45 pm

tomanche wrote:Beautiful Comanche VI! I don't see one with its features in the Registry ...! :)

There's a '91 on Reverb with everything but the fine tuner vibrato and maple :)