View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New G&L ASAT Special owner 

Post New G&L ASAT Special owner
Newish here...I had a Jorgenson several years ago, I had it on the registry but I don't think I ever posted to the forum? I have had a few other G&Ls over the years but this one is really special to me...not only has it been a tough last few years financially but health-wise as well. I have not had a chance to get any new gear in a LONG time (new to me anyway).

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:14 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: New G&L ASAT Special owner
txbassdude wrote:
Newish here...I had a Jorgenson several years ago, I had it on the registry but I don't think I ever posted to the forum? I have had a few other G&Ls over the years but this one is really special to me...not only has it been a tough last few years financially but health-wise as well. I have not had a chance to get any new gear in a LONG time (new to me anyway).

Welcome! :wave:

Nice guitar! What happened to the other two photos you had posted here earlier?
They indicated that the guitar was likely built for Guitar Shorty. Sure would like to know the story behind how it
ended up in a pawn shop. :searching:

Please do register it in our G&L Registry.

:ugeek:

Current G&L Specifications and Options

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 pm
Profile WWW

I took those with my cell phone and I have not uploaded the new pics taken with my camera to photobucket yet.

The story I got with the guitar was this:

Shorty lives down here in my area with his manager, she used to manage a friends band and was someone that lived beyond her means. What the clerk at the pawnshop told me that his friend that sold it to the pawnshop, the guy's parents bought the house that Shorty's manager owned and where Shorty lived. From what i understand is the house was foreclosed on and there was some stuff left behind in the house, when they were cleaning it out they found this guitar as well as some other gear. The people that bought the house are not players and had no need for the guitar so they sold it to the pawnshop. I happened to go in the day it came up for sale, I got a major steal on it.

I talked to Chris at G&L and he said he was going to be seeing Shorty this weekend and was going to ask him about the guitar's history. It is a moot point now, but it would still be kinda cool to know about it.

I do not have the guitar anymore. I traded it to a guy on Craigslist on Wednesday that had a 2011 Legacy HB. He did not bond with the 12" radius and was more of a Tele guy. I prefer the HSS Legacy's tone and 12" radius more than the 7.5" radius of the ASAT. This Legacy still had the plastic on the pickguard and the original strings on it.

Here are the other pics you asked about:

Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:48 am

i think that was a pretty bad trade.

Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:05 am

I didn't give the specifics of the trade, but considering what I paid and what all I got in return I did just fine. But thanks for your concern :wave:

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:58 am

Glad you ended up with a guitar that suits you. Welcome! -ed

Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]