String spacing on various Tribute bridges?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Maybe a dumb question but is there any difference in string spacing between the Saddle Lock, box steel and and the tone pro bridges? I gather the nut spacing is going to be the same for all (1 5/8") but does it change at all when it hits the bridge?

Re: String spacing on various Tribute bridges?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Tominator wrote:Maybe a dumb question but is there any difference in string spacing between the Saddle Lock, box steel and and the tone pro bridges? I gather the nut spacing is going to be the same for all (1 5/8") but does it change at all when it hits the bridge?

Not all Tribute models have 1 5/8" nut width, see: 2014-15 Tribute Series Standard Production Models....
The models with a 1 11/16" nut width or a 1 3/4" nut width will each be different.

Hope this helps.

:ugeek:

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Guess I wasn't clear. All the new Tributes (on the website) appear to have 1 5/8" nuts. My question is what happens to the string spacing at the bridge? Does it vary depending on bridge type? Or do all three bridges have the same string spacing? I am considering purchasing a new Tribute.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Tominator wrote:Guess I wasn't clear. All the new Tributes (on the website) appear to have 1 5/8" nuts. My question is what happens to the string spacing at the bridge? Does it vary depending on bridge type? Or do all three bridges have the same string spacing? I am considering purchasing a new Tribute.

Here are the string spacing measurements I get on my 3 Tributes (E to e) at the saddles for each type bridge is:

Saddle-lock - 2 13/64"
Traditional box - 2 9/64"
Tone-Pro - 2 3/64"

Hope this helps.

Which models are you considering?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:00 am

Thanks Craig! I have smaller hands so smaller necks & string spacings work better for me. Was considering the Bluesboy or ASAT Special.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:05 am

Tominator wrote:Thanks Craig! I have smaller hands so smaller necks & string spacings work better for me. Was considering the Bluesboy or ASAT Special.

The best way is to find a G&L dealer near you and try them out.