Special Run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow ...

Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:37 pm

Posted on G&L's Facebook page:

Here's a special run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow in Natural Frost over 1 piece flamed Port Orford Cedar on an Okoume Whiskey back. This is #2 of 10.
CLF1703059 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer Martin Music Center in Memphis, Tennessee.

Here's a special run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow, Natural Frost over 1 piece flamed Port Orford Cedar on an Okoume Whiskey back. This is number 3 of 10.
CLF1703060 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer UpFront Guitars in Franklin, Massachusetts.

Here's a special run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow in Natural Frost over 1 piece flamed Port Orford Cedar on an Okoume Whiskey back. This is number 4 of 10.
CLF1703061 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer Vision Guitar in San Jose, California.

Here's a special run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow in Natural Frost over 1 piece flamed Port Orford Cedar on an Okoume Whiskey back. This is number 6 of 10.
CLF1703063 is headed to Guitar Resurrection in Austin, Texas.

Here's a special run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow in Natural Frost over 1 piece flamed Port Orford Cedar on an Okoume Whiskey back. This is number 7 of 10.
CLF1703064 is headed to Brickhouse Music in River Falls, Wisconsin.

Here's a special run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow in Natural Frost over 1 piece flamed Port Orford Cedar on an Okoume Whiskey back. This is number 8 of 10.
CLF1703065 is headed to The Fretted Frog in Pasadena, California.

Here's a special run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow in Natural Frost over 1 piece flamed Port Orford Cedar on an Okoume Whiskey back. This is number 9 of 10.
CLF1703066 is headed to Roxy Guitar in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Here's a special run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow in Natural Frost over 1 piece flamed Port Orford Cedar on an Okoume Whiskey back. This is number 10 of 10.
CLF1703067 is headed to G&L Premier Dealer Drum City Guitar Land in Wheat Ridge, Colorado.

Last edited by Craig on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: added #4, #8, and #9

Re: Special Run ASAT Classic Bluesboy Semi-Hollow ...

Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:11 pm

I was intrigued by this special run and wondered what SD humbucker was being used, so I emailed Spencer Brown.

Here is his reply:

Hi Craig,

This was a fun little run. One of our wood suppliers had this chunk of flamed cedar and we literally just decided to see what we could make out of it. We got 10 tops out of it so we made ten guitars.

The pickup in the neck is a Duncan Jazz SH-2N. It's definitely got a different flavor to it. Much more hollow sounding than the regular Bluesboy to me. I think the Cedar tops are really lively. It's got a 5-way blade switch for a bunch of different tones.

1 neck humbucker
2 neck split
3 neck hum and bridge
4 neck split and bridge
5 bridge

Let me know if you want any other info on this.

Thanks,

Spencer

Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Hey Spencer,

Great job! :happy0065: in the words of Vince Welnick (RIP) and the Tubes "She's a beauty". The top is sweet.

I really like the lettering on the back of the headstock, and all limited runs need that numbering. IMHO

That could quickly be on my wish list, if not for the recent Jorgenson. But who knows. :evilgrin: Keep up the great work.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Thanks for all the info Craig! And Spencer of course. She is indeed a beauty.

- Jos